Saturday, July 18, 2009

Giving Blood

I just got a postcard inviting me to donate blood and receive of a pair of Mets tickets in the process. I did this last year, and it went very smoothly.

The details:
Donation on Thursday, July 23, 2009
10:00am through 5:00pm
Citi Field First Base VIP Entrance
Flushing, NY
People with celiac disease are qualified to give blood, though of course they are still subject to standard requirements. For instance, you must be between 16 and 76 (and have written consent if you're 16 and a doctor's note if you're 75 or older). Your weight must be at least 110 lbs. You should bring your ID to the event. You should eat and drink before donating, and (sorry, hipsters) you must not have tattoos or piercings less than a year old.

You can call 1-800-688-0900 for eligibility requirements.

Bringing your own snack and drinks should help with the "refilling" part of the process.

4 comments:

Dave Prior said...

Went to see the Mets last night. I had been looking for info on what I could eat/drink that was gluten free and had a hard time finding it. I finally emailed the park and here is that they said. (Hoping you can share this with folks)

Following are our gluten free options for our Taste of the City
concessions at Citi Field:

Shake Shack:
Burgers without bun.
Hot Dogs without bun.
Shakes are OK.

Blue Smoke:
KC Ribs without Sauce.
Pulled Pork sandwich without sauce.
Wings without sauce.

Taqueria:
Everything is OK.

Box Frites:
Fries are OK.
Ball Park Mayo is OK.
Bacon Aioli is OK.
Blue Cheese is OK.
Chipotle Ketchup has Vinegar, not sure?
Peppercini Olive, NOT OK!


And... for the beer drinkers... they have Redbridge at Big Apple in the beer garden.

bookwormlgi said...

Actually -- your tattoos and piercings can be less than a year old if they were done in a state that regulates the place that you got them done. If you have a tattoo or piercing less than a year old - they will just ask you what state it was done in. Mine was done in NJ and I was able to give blood about 3 months after I got my tattoo. NJ tattoo parlors are heavily regulated (not that this surprises anyone).

Just thought I'd share in case you wanted to donate blood.

sports handicapping software said...

Thanks, great share.I need this article to complete my assignment in the college, and it has same topic with your article.

Unknown said...

Back in August 2015, I placed an order directly with Maxwell's Kitchen for gluten free gravy mixes. It was for 161.00. I never received the product or a refund. There company is a joke when you try to call them and claim they know nothing about this. This site is listed on their website as a supporter. I am asking everyone to not support thieves and scams. There are many other companies to chose from so why support bad businesses.