Monday, April 06, 2009

A Visit to Supersol

Kosher Outpost on the Upper West Side (and Elsewhere)

















Having already ventured into Brooklyn to find gluten-free Passover products at Pomegranate, I followed up on another lead from the New York City Celiac Disease Meetup Group (NYCCDMG) and paid a visit to the Supersol supermarket on the Upper West Side. (There are also Supersols in Flushing, Lawrence, and Scarsdale.)

It was a madhouse on Sunday afternoon, but I made my way up and down the narrow aisles and found a number of familiar products (including Frankel's frozen foods and baked goodies from Oberlander's and Shabtai) as well as some items that were new to me. From Noam Gourmet there were potato-y Passover Bagels as well as Passover Pizza Bagels, which I'd also seen at Pomegranate.

And I found yet another faux matzoh ball mix—this time under the Haddar label.
























Photo: David Marc Fischer

3 comments:

Allergic Girl® said...

one of these days could i come with you on these kosher GF runs?

www.ventaxcatalogo.com said...

In my opinion everybody should browse on this.

sports handicapping software said...

This is a beautiful site. I love its content and its design. I recommend this site among other people.Your blog sounds Awesome. Keep posting such an interesting articles