Tuesday, February 12, 2008

MARTHA STEWART'S BIG IDEA WINNER(S)

Due to technical difficulties* as well as my wild and unpredictable social calendar, I missed Martha Stewart's announcement regarding her Big Idea contest, but it looks like the two top finishers were the publication related to food allergies and sensitivities and the publication related to pets.

CeliacChick Kelly posts about it here; Allergy Moms posts about it here; Go Dairy Free covers it here.

If it turns out that there won't be a regularly published Martha Stewart magazine related to food allergies and sensitivities, try not to be too disappointed. Not being a fly on the wall at Martha Stewart Inc., I can only imagine the in-house chatter about projected advertising revenue, subscriber base, and the very mainstream Martha Stewart brand. I figured that the best one could realistically hope for would be one or more special issues or supplements.

So I'll be interested to see what Martha Stewart does with the knowledge that people are really hungering for material related to their special diets, and I'll continue to take an interest in Gluten-Free Living, look forward to the new version of Living Without, and even enjoy reading the informative newsletter of the Westchester Celiac Sprue Support Group (WCSSG).

* me being stupid

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I have orderd from this place twice and am very pleased to share. They have great organic and gluten free food products. Here is a link http://www.wholeandnatural.com/servlet/the-Gluten-Free/Categories
Enjoy!!!
p.s. I used a code try if it works for you bldc08