Tuesday, February 06, 2007

GOT ANY GOOGLY-EYED, GLUTEN-FREE GOODIES?

The other night I arranged a meatloaf-and-potatoes dish so that it would look like a face, but I didn't take a picture of it. I wish I had--because WNYC's Leonard Lopate and silly Amy Sedaris are avidly seeking pictures of food with googly eyes!

Not exactly sure what that means? Check out the explanation and photos here.

On Friday, Sedaris will pick her favorite picture of googly-eyed food (not necessarily gluten-free). The chosen image wins something called "a fake cake" handmade to order from Amy and a signed copy of her book I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence. (The first of her sample recipes calls for "More flour than you think you'd ever use" but most if not all of those recipes appear to be adaptable for the gluten-free diet.)

Submissions can be made here.

And here's a clip from Late Night with David Letterman in which Sedaris demonstrates her craft.


Source (7:06)

No comments: